Friday, April 13, 2012

TGIF!

Even if it is a Friday the 13th.

My mom is here for the weekend.  She and I are going to put our green thumbs to work in the yard today and half the day tomorrow, then the McMom will be up here and we’re sending the moms on an early Mother’s Day outing tomorrow night.  It’s a surprise – they don’t know yet what they’re in for.  So that means you’re going to have to wait to find out as well.

The McHusband took this picture of Morgan Monday morning.  After she ate her breakfast, the McHusband let her out and she took care of some necessary business then found this sunny spot by the shed, where the McHusband said she stayed for a good half hour.

DSC_0233

I imagine that much like my mom and I,  Morgan and Tucker will get more than their fair share of outside time this weekend.  Bring on the beautiful spring weather!

A few things:

  1. Jen put together a collage of smoothies with mine in the number 2 spot!  I got more spinach, yogurt, and pineapple and froze some banana slices so I can whip up another smoothie or two this weekend.
  2. I loved Dooce’s take on some interesting book titles.
  3. I think we might try this version of my Cajun Sweet Potatoes this weekend.  Except without the white potatoes and butter and with only one tablespoon (if that) of olive oil.
  4. And to go with my healthy side dish, dessert!
  5. We’ve had three showings at the townhouse and only one potential buyer gave feedback.  It was positive – “This was my buyers’ second favorite of the day.” – but that doesn’t really help us make it someone else’s first favorite.  So keep sending those positive selling vibes!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: