Monday, April 2, 2012

Weekend Recap

Well, I wish I were posting about being a brand new mega millionaire, but the McHusband’s wasn’t a winning ticket.  Be honest, raise your hand if you bought a ticket and were already spending the windfall in your head.  ::My hand is up::

So we’re all losers and at work (or wherever you spend your Monday mornings) today.  I had a busy weekend involving birthdays, baking, and finally getting my house in order after the St. Patrick’s Day party two weeks ago.

We celebrated Jennifer’s birthday at Maggiano’s on Friday.  She thought it was just going to be her and Mark so it was a big surprise for her to see our group waiting for her.

IMG_3224

IMG_3225

Saturday was spent baking Bruce’s requested dessert – Key Lime Pie – as well as some Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars that I just HAD to make.

DSC_0096

In between my baking and dinner at Los Tres Magueyes, I did the P90X leg video and had my Green Monster smoothie.  Actually, I had half a Green Monster smoothie since I was eating Mexican food about two hours later.

DSC_0117

We had a big group – 17 people – for Bruce’s birthday dinner.

IMG_3237

It isn’t a fiesta without a sombrero!

IMG_3238

We went back to Bruce and Heather’s for dessert and hanging out after dinner.  The rest of that night gets a post all to itself.

Sunday was my work day.  I finally took down the rest of the SPD decorations and in doing so, I managed to de-shamrock AND deface my dining room wall at the same time.

DSC_0201

Those Command Hooks that are supposed to be removable without leaving any evidence of their presence?  That wasn’t my experience.

DSC_0205

The rest of the afternoon was the usual: cleaning, laundry, spinning, a couple errands, then a homemade meal.  Would you believe me if I said all these veggies were for meatloaf?

DSC_0193

All right, time to call it a night.  The McHusband’s traveling for work tomorrow and his alarm is going off at four-something (ugh!) so we have to make an effort to get to bed at a decent hour.

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Gma said...

OMGosh -- guess now is as good a time as any if you were thinking about repainting.