Monday, May 14, 2012

Cinco de Mayo Comida

We had a Cinco de Mayo gathering last Saturday.  It wasn’t a party, it was a gathering.  What’s the difference?  If it had been a party, I would’ve made all the food and there would’ve been sombreros on my dining room wall.  A gathering is a potluck and decorations aren’t necessary.

DSC_0404

But I couldn’t let even a pseudo-party go by without indulging a little in a few festive touches.  Like a margarita glass full of Hot Tamales.

DSC_0411

And a bandanner in Mexico’s flag’s colors.

DSC_0410

I made four treats, two drinks, and one dip.  Because, remember, this was a gathering and not a party, so I ONLY made seven things.

DSC_0403

A Tunnel of Fudge Cake.

DSC_0406

Some deep dish Raspberry M&M Cookies.  I asked for the muffin top pans necessary to make these cookies for my birthday and was very excited that Sara got them for me.  Thanks, Sara!

DSC_0407DSC_0408

The last of the baked goods were these Margarita Cupcakes.

DSC_0405

DSC_0409

My dip was that Chicken Enchilada Dip that’s gone over so well at St. Paddy’s Day, and I used this sangria recipe as a base for one of my drinks.

I also made margaritas using a homemade lime mix.  Thank goodness Heather had given me a juicer for my birthday!

DSC_0394

DSC_0396

The last treat, in case you were counting and thought I wasn’t, was homemade vanilla ice cream.  Sorry, no pictures of that.

One quick look at the table all loaded down with what everyone brought.

DSC_0426

Cinco de Mayo amigos coming up!

No comments: