Thursday, May 17, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Dulce de Leche Cookies with Butterscotch Chips and Marshmallow Bits

Since I gave you such a healthy recipe yesterday, I figured I needed to redeem myself with a dessert post for you today.

I should shorten the name of these cookies to McHusband Cookies.  He LOVED them.  The combination of the dulce de leche and the melted butter made for a great flavor base for the cookie, and how could you go wrong with butterscotch chips and those adorable mini marshmallows?

DSC_0330

DSC_0333

I took these to Chelle and Jeremy’s where we were meeting up with Heather, Bruce, and their girls for dinner and hanging out.  They all seemed to agree with the McHusband – these cookies were scrumptious!

DSC_0346

I love the crackly exterior that gave way to a perfectly chewy cookie.

DSC_0348

Each cookie was just loaded with the chips and bits (As any good cookie should be, can I get an amen?).

DSC_0356

Do yourself a favor: Go buy some Dulce de Leche and make these cookies ASAP.  Use whatever chips, bits, and pieces that float your boat, but don’t mess with the dulce de leche-butter combo.

DSC_0349

{Adapted from this recipe}

No comments: