Friday, May 25, 2012

{Recipe Recap} Snickerdoodle Blondies

Shawn requested something with cookie dough for his birthday treat, and I knew the cake I chose to make would go over well with most people but just in case someone in the group wasn’t as in love with chocolate as I tend to be, I decided to whip up a second treat.  Little did I know that Shawn’s such a snickerdoodle fan; turns out, I chose dessert number two wisely.

DSC_0428

These Snickerdoodle Blondies may look unassuming, and the recipe doesn’t even come across as all that special, but the bars taste amazing.

The texture was perfect.  It was dense and fudgy but not gooey in that “Are you sure they’re baked all the way through?” way.

DSC_0434

And I loved both the look and the taste of the cinnamon-sugar-nutmeg topping.

DSC_0435

While the layer cake looked way more impressive and took a lot more work, I think everyone at dinner would agree that these blondies took the cake (sorry, had to!).  Everyone wanted the recipe and Vanessa even requested them as her birthday treat.  Her birthday was actually yesterday (Happy Birthday, V!), but we’re celebrating in a couple of weeks with our traditional girls’ dinner.

If you’re looking for something simple and scrumptious to make for a cookout this weekend, consider these Snickerdoodle Blondies.

DSC_0431

TGIF and have a wonderful LONG weekend!

P.S. Happy Birthday, Maxie!  Where did the year go?

{Recipe here}

1 comment:

McMom said...

Your pictures look just like hers! Those look awesome..I LOVE a soft chewy snickerdoodle!! These may go to MI with us or get made while there....I am SURE they would go down easy with some Blue Bell ice cream!! McMom