Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Fun in Florida {Part III}

Our last full day in Florida was a Sunday.  The rain the day before ushered in some less humid but REALLY windy weather.  On one hand, my run was nice because I was breathing air that was mostly oxygen as opposed to being half oxygen, half water.  However, the wind was so strong at points that I almost tripped myself twice when one leg got blown into the other between strides.  Those scrapes and bruises would’ve been fun to explain when I got back to the condo…

We took advantage of the sun to get in a few more hours on the beach.  Actually, I only lasted about a little over an hour because my back was still burned from Friday.  But then, because I most of my time laying out on Sunday on my back, my stomach ended up getting burned.  Talk about white girl problems.

I showered and got ready while the other girls continued to get their tan on, then we all headed to John’s Pass for some lunch and walking through your typical beachtown stores.

We had some trouble finding a parking spot then I spotted this parallel space.  Jenny did a great job of maneuvering into the spot.  She should have considering she had five backseat drivers as well as an audience of people waiting their turn for the bathroom monitoring every turn of the steering wheel, every bump of the back tire on the curb.

IMG_3338

What, you don’t think a minivan qualifies for a compact spot?  We beg to differ.

IMG_3339

We ate lunch up on the pier with a pirate ship behind us.

IMG_3340

IMG_3341

IMG_3343

Since it was so windy, I chose to wear my hat that day.  Best decision I made all weekend.

IMG_3342

I had one of the girls take a picture of me with this local guy.  Vanessa, this one’s for you!

IMG_3344

On our way home from John’s Pass, we stopped in the Candy Kitchen, somewhere Jenny and her family have been going to during every visit they’ve ever made to Madeira Beach.

IMG_3347

This is where I bought the McHusband his souvenirs from my trip.  Some Strawberry Cow Tales, a pack of FreshenUp gum, and a couple little boxes of Lemonheads except they were in berry and orange flavors.

Jenny, Laura, and I each got ice cream in addition to our candy treats.

IMG_3345

On our last night in Madeira Beach, we went to the Daiquiri Deck, which is right across the street from the condo, for dinner. 

IMG_3352

I was excited to see a Bushwacker on their menu.  Brought back memories of my honeymoon cruise.  Jenny enjoyed her Mangolada.

IMG_3354

That night, we played Jenny’s family’s version of Liverpool Rummy, which was a lot of fun.  We finally wrapped that up a little after midnight and it was time to pack up so we’d be ready to go in the morning.

So that pretty much wraps up my long weekend in Florida.  It was a really wonderful three days.  I enjoyed getting to know some of Jenny’s friends, and of course it was great to spend some quality time with the birthday girl.

A quick shout out to the hubbies.  Kevin, thank you for planning this trip for Jenny.  I’m sure you’ll never know how much she appreciated your efforts in putting it together.  Same thing from we girls who got to enjoy said efforts – thank you, thank you, thank you!

And to my McHusband.  Thank you for sending me off for a girls’-only vacation and holding down the fort back at home.  While I was gone, you cleaned our bathroom and bought us smartphones. 

I might need to go on more vacations.

1 comment:

Mcmom said...

My McHusband bought a lake lot on one of my away trips and on another and entire stereo sound system....McMom