Friday, January 18, 2013

Christmas Day

Just like on Christmas Eve, there was some – okay, a LOT of – tearing through paper, bags, and boxes.  First, though, we had to separate all the gifts into their appropriate piles.

DSC_3151

Leah’s pile stacked up higher than her!

The McHusband’s pile.  I’m not kidding, that’s all he had to open.  And two of them are from me.

DSC_3152

Lucky for him, his mom had a few things hidden away that he had to get for himself.  Those are 70-lb dumbbells he’s holding.

DSC_3188

He also got a special deadlift bar so don’t feel too bad for him.  I got him some car parts and a box of seasonal goodies.  But the car parts were a special order so they weren’t (and still aren’t) in yet.

DSC_3199

I was very happy to open my watch, which I’d picked out a few weeks back.  The McHusband also gave me a Groupon for $75 worth of wine so that was a fun surprise.  Can’t wait to spend that!

DSC_3190DSC_3206

Grammie got Leah a styling kit and she got right to work on Jenny’s hair.

DSC_3215

Every little boy’s favorite gift: clothes!

DSC_3184

Kevin seems excited about this sweatshirt at least.

DSC_3174

What do kids love best?  Besides boxes, I mean.

Bubble wrap!

DSC_3242

Look at the concentration.

DSC_3239

The McInlaws watched all the action from their chairs.

DSC_3208

Unlike the day before, the weather was really nice so once we got through the gifts, everyone but Jenny and the McMom headed outside to enjoy some fresh air.

DSC_3284

Even Morgan and Brewster got to enjoy the sunshine.

DSC_3282

The big boys did what they always do – gathered near tools/cars/insert manly item here.

DSC_3289

The McHusband took a break from all that bonding to play with Chase.  “Play” meaning instilling a certain need for speed in him.

DSC_3293

Straight-up thuggin’.

DSC_3312

The bikes were only fun for so long.  When you’re near the McDad’s Toy Shop, there’s likely something fun to play with.  That you’re not supposed to play with.  But that’s where your fun uncle comes in.

DSC_3318

DSC_3319

DSC_3322

Oh yeah, guess what?  I was still in my pj’s.

DSC_3326

And I stayed in them until, I don’t know, at least 4:30 or so when I put on jeans, pulled my hair back into a ponytail, and took Morgan on a walk.  Never took a shower that day, and I have to say that it was pretty nice to not spend an hour getting ready.  I don’t know if the rest of the McFamily would agree…

We sat down to a wonderful dinner prepared by the McMom with lots of help from Jenny.  They traded responsibilities in the afternoon as they were both ready for a break from their duties – Jenny with the kids and the McMom with the casseroles.

DSC_3330

So with that, you’re now caught up on Christmas.  I just have the McHusband’s birthday to recap and then we can move on to current events.  Won’t that be nice?

As always – TGIF!

(And since I don’t post on the weekends, I need to send a quick Happy Early Birthday out to Bri, whose birthday is on Sunday.)

No comments: