Monday, January 28, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa Brownies

As soon as I saw this recipe, I knew I had to make these brownies.  I lovelovelove the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate at Starbucks but thankfully for my hips, they don’t sell it any more.  You can, however, still get the mix in the grocery store.  I happened to still have four packets leftover from some hot chocolate cookies I made almost exactly a year ago so that’s what I used in these brownies.

DSC_3771

These brownies have both caramel bits and marshmallows baked in them.

DSC_3769

They had a really good texture: fudgy and chewy just the way I like them.

DSC_3772

However – and I hate to say this – the brownies just weren’t that great.  There just wasn’t any wow factor.  The chocolate flavor was watered down and they weren’t particularly salty or caramel-y.  Probably the best thing about them was the marshmallow bits on top.  They taste like those magically delicious Lucky Charms marshmallows.

DSC_3769 

I wish I could rave about these brownies, but they just didn’t do it for me or the other people who sampled them.  Oh well, can’t win ‘em all…

DSC_3773

{Recipe here}

No comments: