Monday, January 7, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Chocolate and Caramel Irish Cream Cupcake

My first full work week in the new year.  If I ever needed a treat to ease me into a Monday, it’s now.

I made these for a holiday party in the ‘hood a couple Saturdays ago.  I’d seen the recipe literally the day before on Friday and knew I had all the ingredients so I figured that was the sign I needed to choose these as the treat I’d bring to share.

DSC_3436

I baked about 20 each of regular cupcakes and mini ones.  Then I cored the big ones, filled them with the chocolate-caramel ganache, and replaced their tops.

DSC_3405

The little ones got some ganache spread on top.

DSC_3409

The frosting came together easily: shortening and vanilla, then powdered sugar and Bailey’s mixed in until the consistency was right.

DSC_3435

When it was time to head out, I loaded up my big square platter with enough to go ‘round.  And then some.

DSC_3413

I love using my oversized frosting tips to really pile the frosting on each cupcake.

DSC_3437

I’ve made a chocolate Bailey’s frosting that I liked better than this one, but this frosting was a good complement to the chocolate cake and ganache.

DSC_3439

I’m an everything-in-moderation girl so since I gave you chocolate and sugar, it’s time to balance that with a little something healthy.

I kept up with the smoothie challenge over the weekend by having a chocolate smoothie each morning.  I have to say, it might be my favorite.  I’ll share the recipe tomorrow.

Anyone else excited that The Biggest Loser is back on?  Jillian’s back and let me tell you, she does not hold back.  I kinda feel bad for the people on her team this season.

Have a marvelous Monday!

No comments: