Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What I’m loving lately

Just wanted to share a couple things that I like that maybe some of you would also be interested in.

I have to warn you, they go from one end of the spectrum to the other.  But that just supports my “everything in moderation” mantra.

First up are these workout capris.  They are by Fila, a brand I haven’t had much exposure to.  I bought my first pair of these in early December, and just this past weekend I bought two more pairs of the same exact ones.

image

I have two pairs in the color combo above and one pair in a solid dark gray color.  I like the wide band at the top, and I like that the waist doesn’t taper way in so the band sits against your skin rather than fitting tightly and squishing in. 

No one likes how that feels.  Or looks.

Another thing these capris have going for them is the weight of the material.  It’s just right; Goldilocks would wear these as they aren’t too thick nor too thin.

I got my pants at Kohl’s, not sure where else you might be able to find them.

Okay, the other thing I’m loving these days is a wine.  (I told you I was going from one extreme to the other.)  I had the Jacob’s Creek Moscato at Outback the night before my marathon and I LOVED it.  The menu didn’t say it was sparkling, and it barely was, but the bubbles were there and I loved them.  Well, I found a Jacob’s Creek Moscato Rose at Harris Teeter on Friday and drank the bottle over two nights (thank you, boot camp, for allowing that) and I can’t wait to run, burpee, and jumping-jack my way into another bottle.  Good thing I’ve got some new workout capris to help me with that endeavor.

0120131023

This is a sweet wine, but not syrupy-sweet like the Duplin wines I love so much.  I think it was $7 so it’s priced right, too.

So there you go.  If you’re looking to upgrade your gym duds or wanting to try a new wine, I hope my quick reviews have helped.

No comments: