Friday, November 13, 2009

Numero 22

I don't know if anyone's paying attention to that list on the left, but I've been keeping track of the books I've read this year. I'm halfway through my 22nd book. I'm shooting to finish this one and three more by the end of the year so that I average one book every couple of weeks. I used to read my books at a faster rate, but I don't have as much time (too many good TV shows) or energy before bed to read more than a few pages before lights out.

Right now, I'm reading the second book in Charlaine Harris's Sookie Stackhouse series. We watch the HBO show True Blood, which is based on this series. So far, I'm a much bigger fan of the show than of the books. I don't know if it's because the books are already familiar to me from watching the first two seasons of the show or if I just don't like the writer's style, but I'm not really into the books. I want to at least read Book 3 before I make up my mind about the whole series since that book should finally be about something I haven't watched yet. Of course, then I run into the same dilemma, just flip-flopped: I will have read the book so will the next season of the show be disappointing?

I know, I know, it's a tough life I lead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey steph. I've read all the Sookie Stackhouse books and really like them, but i've never seen the show. I would like to though. Maybe i'll ask for it for Christmas! Anyway, if you don't have all of them and want to borrow them, lemme know. We'll be at the chicken stew Sat night so i can bring them then. Either e-mail me today or txt me tomorrow. -Leigh

Gma said...

Two word: voracious appetite and I'm not talking about meat and potatoes!