Friday, November 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th!

Like I said in an email this morning, there's always at least one good thing about any Friday the 13th: it's the end of the work week.

Sorry it's been a slow blogging week. There wasn't much going on this week except rain, boot camp, more rain, another boot camp, and guess what? More rain! It's been so long since I've seen the sun and blue sky that I'm not sure I'll recognize them when they do decide to come back out.

I'm doing another four weeks of boot camp, but we're inside at a gym this time. So we aren't doing the cardio intervals (sprints and laps around the park) that we'd done before, which means more time for, in technical terms, "muscle stuff." I didn't think I'd miss the sprints, but I do.

Chelle's still doing it, and Vickie joined us for this go-round of torture. We had last week off so it was a shock to our system to get back to it on Tuesday. My quads are still aching. They hurt so bad, in fact, that I've been going down the stairs backwards at the house. That still hurts, but not as much.

Oh, here's one interesting tidbit: Someone in our neighborhood put up Christmas lights. Not only did they hang them, but they've turned them on each night. Seriously people? I still have pumpkins on my front porch and you're ready for Santa?

No big weekend plans for us. We need to rake the leaves in the backyard, but I think they'll be too wet to do this weekend. Remember last year's leaf experience? Well, I do, and I'm not exactly looking forward to having it again this year.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Gma said...

Saw a house with a decorated tree in the window the other day ... guess it's inevitable - Christmas is around the corner (is it that time already?).