Monday, November 16, 2009

Recipe Recap: Teriyaki Tuna Steaks

We had BEEE-YOOOO-TEEEE-FULL weather here yesterday. It was sunny and 70-plus degrees so we wanted to take advantage of that and grill our dinner. The McHusband was looking to drive somewhere so I asked him to stop at the grocery store and pick up some meat and a side unless he wanted some go-to Steamfresh corn.

He came home with a couple onions, some portabello mushroom slices, a packet of minute-and-a-half rice and a tuna steaks. I checked Allrecipes to find a marinade and lucked out with a recipe that required only one thing I didn't have.

I chose the Teriyaki Tuna Steaks. I didn't have any unsweetened pineapple juice so I just added a little OJ. I considered using the pineapple rum that we have, but I figured the OJ was the safer bet.

For the mushrooms and onions, we just put the slices in some foil, added some butter and minced garlic, and set it on the grill to cook.

Remember how we had the yellow dinner earlier this month? Well, this was the brown dinner.













The McHusband grilled the tuna for the recommended time (about 6 minutes on each side) and when we checked, the insides were a little too pink and raw-looking for us. He threw them back on the grill for a couple more minutes and they came out more to our liking. Still pink inside, but they were cooked all the way through. I know, some of you are cringing about our obviously overcooked tuna, aren't you?













You did a great job, McHusband! It was all delicious. So...what're you making tonight?

2 comments:

McMom said...

All I can say is WOW -- the initiative to buy the TUNA and COOK it to perfection!! Be sure to send your sister in law, Jenny.... guess she is your ONLY sister in law, isn't she? THE marinade recipe -- I gave her my seat of the pants one recently and didn't hear how it turned out!! LOVE tuna steaks marinated in STUFF!!! McMom

McMom said...

Those 6 packs of little pineapple juices are nice to have IN THE PANTRY -- I use them for the Ham Loaves and the baked pineapple that nobody likes but Ryan and I. McMom