Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Part III: Snow!

It snowed on Friday. I looked out the window and said, "It's really coming down!" and my grandma glanced outside then gave me a look that said I was crazy to think what I was seeing qualified as "really coming down." Hey, they cancel school in NC for that amount of snow.

Bri and I took Lyla outside and the cold and wet stuff falling from the sky didn't phase her. She was more intrigued by an abandoned goldfish cracker than by the snow landing on her head. At the end of the video, she's practicing her tap moves - "Shuffle, shuffle."


Lyla ran up the ramp. Lyla ran down the ramp.











You can actually see some snow in this picture. And aren't Bri and Lyla cute in their coordinating coats?













Happy girl!













Bri called on Sunday, the day after we got home, and told me a story about Lyla talking on her toy cellphone. Let me back up: when Lyla sees a phone or hears one ring, she'll hold her hand up to her ear and say, "Hi." So Bri said Lyla was talking on her phone and there was the usual "Hi" a few times, and some Lyla-speak, but Bri also heard Lyla say something like "Ann Teff" a couple times. Bri asked her, "Are you talking to Aunt Steph?" and Lyla nodded.

Well, that was worth driving all the way to and from PA right there!

2 comments:

Gma said...

That's so totally NOT FAIR! LylaBug, you're supposed to be learning how to say "Gma"!

McMom said...

Awwww..... but I agree with Gma! I am STILL waiting for "GRAMMIE" from Chase --- he darn well better say it before "Ann Teff"!!!