Friday, March 2, 2012

Fro-Yo on Friday

Have you guys heard?  Ben & Jerry’s is going to have Greek Frozen Yogurt! 

The McHusband and I are big fans of Greek yogurt.  He prefers the Black Cherry Chobani, and I like either the 2% Strawberry Banana Chobani or the 2% Blueberry Fage.

I haven’t replaced sour cream with plain Greek yogurt in a dip nor have I baked with it yet, but both instances are on my list of must-tries.  Somehow I think I’m going to get around to trying the fro-yo first.

If you look at the nutrition info, you’ll see that you still can’t eat this stuff with abandon, but an ice cream with some redeeming qualities so you don’t have to feel guilty for eating a serving or serving-and-a-half?  I’ll take it!

I guess I have ice cream on my mind because it was 80 degrees today.  80 and sunny and gorgeous.  I’m burning up with spring fever.

80degrees

Let’s see, what’s going on this weekend?  I’m celebrating a neighbor’s birthday at Wine and Design tonight.  You can bring your own food and drinks in so the birthday girl and her partner are providing some snacks and wine, and I asked if I could bring a treat (or two).  And since I’m such a wine snob (Hey, I can still be a snob even if I only like supersweet wines with diet Sprite bubbles in them as opposed to expensive wines served at exactly the temperature at which they’re meant to be.), I’m bringing mine own libations – a couple airplane bottles of  the Captain and a diet Coke.

The McHusband is supposed to go skydiving on Saturday, but I think the weather’s going to mess up those plans so I’m not sure how the rest of the weekend’ll play out.  Maybe I should say I don’t know how Saturday will play out because Sunday will most likely be the usual: TV, chores, spinning, and a healthy homemade dinner.

TGIF!

2 comments:

Mcmom said...

Yum... That does look good! Some people will do most anything to make one THINK they are being good!! Leave it to B&J's!! mcMom

The Vegetarian's Wife said...

I sub yogurt for sour cream all of the time. Plain yogurt is extremely versatile. My fav at the moment is Whole Milk Plain European Organic Trader Joe's.... that's a mouthful. It's runnier than most yogurts. I eat it for breakfast with cereal or fruit sweetened with honey or jam/preserves. I have used it as a butter milk substitute when making biscuits. It's fabulous in creamy soups (add it last) or on top of chilli. I also make cucumber dip with it. If you want it thicker, you can put it in a strainer lined with cheesecloth overnight in the frig. One day I'll get brave and start making my own yogurt. Several of my coworkers do it. It's apparently much cheaper and very easy. I hear that Food Kitty's generic plain yogurt is also the bomb.