Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Green Monster

I’m not talking about jealousy, I’m talking about a smoothie.

I was inspired by Jen’s post to stop at Harris Teeter on the way home from the Y tonight for spinach and plain lowfat Greek yogurt.  I already have fruit like a banana and Dole Pineapple Chunks in the freezer. 

I’ve read that it’s unappetizing to add red fruit like strawberries to the smoothie because instead of it being a very definite green color, it gets kinda muddy looking.  So I’m hoping the tropical flavor imparted by the banana-pineapple combo works for me and my smoothie stays green.

Yes, this is the appetizing hue I’ll be targeting.

{via}

If you didn’t click over to read Jen’s post, she’s basically inviting people to join her on a weeklong Green Monster Smoothie Challenge wherein you have one a day.  I’m starting out a day late, but I can always extend my blending until Tuesday of next week.  We’ll see how the first few smoothies go before committing though.

If someone had told me I’d be downing a smoothie whose main ingredient were spinach at some point in my life, I’d think that person was ready for the loony bin.  Spinach in a drink?!  No way, not gonna happen.

Until now.  I’ll report back and let you know how easily – or not – it goes down.

2 comments:

Katherine said...

So happy you're doing this with us!

http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/

McMom said...

I can be thankful taking Coumadin forbids consumption of spinach in large amounts! McMom