Monday, March 5, 2012

Here we go again

Can you believe it’s Monday again?  Where do the weekends go?  Let’s see where mine went…

Friday night was the Wine and Design thing for my neighbor’s birthday.  You know what?  It was a LOT of fun and I would actually like to go back with my group of friends.

IMG_3141

Saturday was sleeping in, finally getting to the Y around noon, then I made some chocolate chip pancakes cookies.

IMG_3169

We went to dinner that night at Champps with Shawn, Vanessa, Mike and Kristina.  We went all the way to Triangle Town Center (not exactly a hop, skip, and a jump from our house) because Mike and Kristina just bought their first house out in Wake Forest, and we wanted to check it out.

Sunday was just the usual, nothing much to write home about.  We did try a new recipe for dinner: Quinoa-Black Bean “Burgers.”  I think I speak for both the McHusband and me when I say were were pleasantly surprised by how good they turned out.

All in all, it was a good weekend if not the most productive one.  I really didn’t get any cleaning done, but that’s okay because I’ll be in party mode next weekend getting things ready for our St. Patrick’s Day party the following Saturday.  It’s good for my carpets that we have friends with cat and dog allergies because I always steam-clean the house right before the party.

Guess it’s time to wrap this post up and let you guys get on with your first Monday in March.  Hope it’s a good one!

2 comments:

McMom said...

Think you could talk some couples into date night at Wine and Dine like Christine & Jason did? They seemed to enjoy it?? Glad it was fun! McMom

Gma said...

I can't wait to see your Picasso!