Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Game Night at our house

We hosted dinner and game night last weekend.  I made the main dish and desserts – yes, desserts with an “s” – while the other girls provided sides and munchies.

The aforementioned girls: Heather, Chelle and Vanessa.

DSC_0964

DSC_0965

And our boys.  Apparently Jeremy didn’t get the stripes memo.

DSC_0966

My main dish offering was Crockpot BBQ Beer Chicken.  It was a hit with everyone. 

DSC_0972

Bruce doctored his sandwich up with coleslaw and chips.

DSC_0971

The boys ate in the kitchen, and we girls gathered round the dining room table.

DSC_0973

Once our tummies were filled, it was time to invited the boys into the dining room with us for some Oh Hell.

DSC_0979

The game was interrupted by a fun app that Jeremy showed to us.  More on that later.

DSC_0998

We broke for dessert a few hands in.  There was Triple Chocolate Mousse Pie, Nutter Butter Ice Cream based on Amanda’s two-ingredient ice cream, and a strawberry Jell-O layered dessert that I concocted.

Mmm, three layers of chocolate.

DSC_1016

Dessert in the den.

DSC_1022

Refueled by sugar, we finished our game.

DSC_1068

I had a few drinks with the game, which were kinda like Mary Poppins’s spoonful of sugar with medicine.  It appears I was pretty excited to be on clean-up duty once everyone headed out.

DSC_1073

DSC_1074

It was another fun night with friends, one more good memory to add to the mix.

(You don’t really think I’m just going to skim over THREE desserts like I did here without giving you more pictures and way too many details, did you?  Sounds like a Friday post to me.)

3 comments:

Gma said...

OMG that triple chocolate cake is calling my name!

McMom said...

Is THAT a knife you are wielding during cleanup? You sure look happy! McMom

McHusband said...

I was scared! :)