Thursday, March 29, 2012

Not my normal Wednesday

Today was a little different from the norm.

  • No Subway for lunch
  • No spinning at the Y
  • No popcorn for a snack

There was a good reason that my day veered off its usual course, and I’ll be sure to update you guys on why, but you’ll have to be patient.  It’s already 10:05 and I’m hoping to get to bed by 11:00 (An early night for us!).  Then I have some baking to do tomorrow night (You know, just another normal Thursday.) so I promise to take some time this weekend to get my ducks in a row and write a post about what’s going on.

In the meantime: Today was my second day in the smoothie challenge.  I had planned to make a peanut butter chocolate smoothie with some of the McHusband’s protein powder, but it turns out the powder was an imposter – it was strawberry flavored.  But I had frozen strawberries and I was pressed for time so I went with the flow and threw everything in the blender.

Verdict?  It tasted like what I expected a spinach smoothie to taste like. Sad smile  But it looked better than I expected in that it was green, not some sick gray or muddy brown color.

DSC_0005

Okay, so it might not look like the greenest of Green Monsters, but I promise it was decidedly green.

So it wasn’t the worst thing I’ve ingested, but I’m glad it wasn’t my first Green Monster because then the rest of this week really would be a challenge because I would NOT be looking forward to having five more big cups of green goo that tasted like the one I had this morning.

DSC_0006

I’m going back to the banana-pineapple-vanilla combo tomorrow, and I may stick with it for the rest of the week.  I mean, if it ain’t broke…

2 comments:

McMom said...

That looks like a BIG cup too......good luck! McMom

Gina said...

I took my first-ever spinning class at the Y this morning...the "cycle" class. I liked it a lot! I knew you'd be proud :)