Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Product placement

Anyone else watch The Biggest Loser?  I’ve watched every season and the past few have been really bad about basically putting commercials IN the show.  For instance, one of the show’s nutritionists might talk to the teams about Jennie-O turkey or a contestant might chew some Extra Sugar Free Gum – after saying, “I’m chewing some Extra Sugar Free Gum.”  Thank goodness for being able to fast-forward through those parts of the show.

So I guess I’m going to pull a Biggest Loser on you guys and mention a product.  Hope it’s not too annoying.  If it is, use your scrolly mouse to fast-forward your way up to the X and close the web page.

I read about the Boots No. 7 products in a beauty article on MSNBC.  The columnist was lauding the Eye Mousse, which could be used by itself or as a primer for layering under other colors. 

My favorite store sells the Boots No. 7 products so I added it to my list for one of my frequent trips there.

I’ve been using it for a couple weeks now.  What’s my verdict? 

I love it!  It’s so smooth and light and the color is perfect for a base.  The little bit of shimmer is just right.  I layer darker shadow on it, which really does stay where it’s supposed to for the majority of the day.  There’s some accumulation in the crease of my eyelid by late afternoon, but that’s easily blended away without ruining the overall look of my eye make-up.

I’m excited to try more Boots No. 7 products like this Beauty Serum.  I can’t promise I won’t be back to stick another product review into the middle of a week of blogging.  Hope you don’t mind.

And now I’m going to get back to watching The Biggest Loser.  Tonight’s episode showed the contestants cooking ground turkey and one of the trainers, Dolvett, introduced his team to Larabars as a good snack option.  Add that product to the list of stuff that I’ll be fast-forwarding through seeing on the show.

You know what else BL usually mentions?  Subway.  But not this week so I’ll do it for them.  I’m stoked for my Subway Wednesday lunch this afternoon.

Happy Hump Day!  Hope you guys are having a great week!

No comments: