Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Partake and Paint

Actually, I think they like to call it Wine and Design.  I went there a couple Fridays ago to celebrate my neighbor’s birthday.

I’d heard of this concept, but hadn’t an opportunity to try it.  I’m so glad Carrie and Alicia invited me to join them.  I was really excited to try it and I was right to be – it was a lot of fun and I got to bring my “masterpiece” home to hang on one of my walls.

If you’re like me, you don’t know what to expect out of something like this.  Here’s a look at the studio.

IMG_3136

IMG_3148

All of the paintings on the walls are options for the parties.  Here’s one for the McMom.

IMG_3138

You can even paint your pet!

IMG_3149

Here are the two versions of the painting we did that night.  Not two versions painted by us – they were done by a studio artist.

IMG_3137

All our canvases already had the outline of the tree on them.

IMG_3140

We started out by painting the sky in the background.

IMG_3142

There’s Tawnya and me, hard at work.  And that’s the birthday girl, Carrie, in front of me.

IMG_3143

As you can see, I chose to go with the blue sky while Tawnya went the purple route.

IMG_3145

IMG_3144

Next, we filled in the tree and added branches.

IMG_3146

Then it was time for grass, leaves, and embellishments.

IMG_3150

Tawnya was trying to figure out if she had room for just one more “headstone” in her grass.

IMG_3151

Group photo!

IMG_3153

I hung my painting between the two windows in the front bedroom.

IMG_3173

I even signed it a la David Bromstad.

IMG_3177

If you get a chance to try your hand at creating your own art at a place like this, I highly recommend it.  Our cost was $35 per person and it was money very well spent.  I had a great time AND I got a useful souvenir out of the deal.

1 comment:

mcmom said...

COOL! McMom