Friday, February 15, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Brown Butter Double Chocolate Cookies

One last treat for this Valentine week.  I made these at the same time as the White Chocolate Macadamia Toffee Cookies, which even the chocolate lovers preferred.  I think it’s just because the chocolate cookies were very chocolate but not overly sweet.

DSC_3823

I loved how puffy the cookies were.  They had good texture: crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside.

DSC_3825

And then there’s the sprinkling of kosher salt on top.  Some people, like Heather, don’t love the sweet and salty combo, but I think it’s pretty much perfection in edible form.

DSC_3830

This dough was fairly dry so I ended up mixing in probably half a cup of Kahlua to add moisture to the dough.  You couldn’t taste it, but I think it was a much smarter decision than adding water or milk.

DSC_3826

Are these my ideal chocolate cookies?  Nah.  But I’m not sorry I made and ate them.

DSC_3824

I hope you all spent Valentine’s Day with at least one person that you love.  If you check out my Instagram pics over there ----------->, you’ll see the beautiful mini rose bush and chocolates the McHusband sent to me, and the “martinis” I made us to go with the steak dinner the McHusband was grilling when I got home from the Y. I used raspberries instead of strawberries; the drink was pretty good but I would like to try it with strawberries.  Like I told some friends – with so much fruit in it, this drink was practically a smoothie!

I love you, McHusband!  Thank you for all your thoughtfulness yesterday.

TGIF!

No comments: