Wednesday, February 13, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Drunk Blondies

As soon as I came across this recipe, I printed it out and moved it to the top of my must-make list.  First, I love treats that are made with melted (or, even better, browned) butter because I don’t have to wait for the butter to soften.  What’s that phrase about patience and virtue?  Never mind, moving on…

DSC_3907

The second reason why I wanted to make these is that I’d gotten some pecans from a coworker so I wanted to use them in something he’d like.  The fact that these blondies also used bourbon was the icing on the cake because my coworker likes bourbon, too.

DSC_3909

These blondies were the perfect texture.  Fudgy and dense inside with a crackly exterior on top.

DSC_3911

I loaded them up with close to a cup and a half of white chocolate chips and 3/4 cup of chopped pecans.

DSC_3906

This recipe has a typo, I think.  It calls for baking these 20 to 25 minutes, but mine were nowhere near done after that long in the oven.  I believe I baked mine for 31 minutes.

My coworker – a different coworker, not the one who contributed the pecans – said she thought these were the best thing I’ve ever shared with the office, and she asked for the recipe and said she might make them that night.

DSC_3910

Another keeper!

{Recipe here}

No comments: