Monday, February 18, 2013

The McMom’s fake birthday

The McHusband and I braved the snow on Saturday in order to celebrate the McMom’s birthday a little early.  It’s actually on the 24th but there was an art show this weekend that she wanted to go to.

DSC_3932

DSC_3934

We went to Fearrington Village and had lunch at The Granary.  I ordered the Chickpea Falafel Burger, which was quite tasty and very filling.  I ate it low-carb style with a fork; even if I wasn’t worried about slashing a few calories, I’m not sure I could’ve eaten it as a burger because it simply would’ve been too much.

0216131236

After lunch, we wandered through a folk art show that was in The Barn.  All in all, it wasn’t too impressive, but I did like this creepy rocking horse.

DSC_3937DSC_3938

Another interesting “installment” was the bottle tree.

DSC_3939

DSC_3940

Guess what?  I’m not working today!  Gotta love President’s Day.  For those of you who are working, though, I’m sorry I didn’t give you your spoonful of sugar today.  But I’ll be back tomorrow with at least one of the birthday treats I made for the McMom.

No comments: