Wednesday, February 6, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Lasagna Deconstructed.

I made this pasta a couple Sundays ago.  I don’t cook pasta dishes very often because portion control and pasta don’t go well together on my plate.  But every once in a while, I just gotta have some simple carbs and red sauce.

DSC_3774

I added zucchini and mushrooms to the sauce to add some bulk to the dish, which meant I could add fewer noodles to my bowl.

I also added some Aidell’s chicken meatballs because the McHusband likes to have meat in his main dishes.

DSC_3776

Ricotta is part of traditional lasagna.  Frankly, I don’t think I would’ve missed it if I’d left it out.

DSC_3777

I added a little more crushed red pepper than the recipe called for because the McHusband and I like spicy food, and I think it was the right call to make.  I also added some herbs de Provence, garlic powder, and onion powder just to kick things up a notch.

I would definitely make this again.  The McHusband and I both really liked it, and the leftovers hit the spot a couple more times for both of us.

{Recipe here}

No comments: