Thursday, February 14, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies (with a secret ingredient)

I had no reason for making these cookies other than they looked scrumptious, and I had a little something in my pantry that I thought would make a good mix-in for them.  I decided to use peanut butter chips rather than the peanut butter M&Ms because I didn’t want to have leftover M&Ms laying around begging to be eaten.

DSC_3917

As for my secret ingredient?  I crumbled some Peanut Butter Toast Crunch and stirred that into the dough.

DSC_3922

The cereal stayed a little crunchy and the cookies were very soft so it was a nice juxtaposition of textures.

DSC_3920

And see the flakes of salt on top of the cookie?  I like salty and sweet together so I sprinkled some kosher salt on top of these.  But you know what?  I never tried one with the salt, but I didn’t hear any complaints.

DSC_3916

I made several batches of these cookies in my whoopie pie pan so they were bigger than your usual cookie, but not so big that you felt gluttonous eating just one.

DSC_3926

These weren’t a traditional peanut butter cookie with that crispy exterior giving way to a chewy interior, and there were no fork lines to be seen.  They were soft like those soft batch cookies certain elves make, but I’d venture to guess that they were better than something you can buy at Food Lion.

DSC_3919

If you’re a fan of all things peanut butter, whip up a batch of these cookies.  You won’t be sorry.  Unless you eat too many of these irresistible cookies, that is.

{Recipe here}

No comments: