Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Kim’s birthday dinner + treats

We girls got together on Monday to celebrate Kim’s birthday with dinner at a new restaurant downtown, Jimmy V’s Osteria & Bar.  The atmosphere was awesome and we all said it was somewhere we’d like to go back to.

Sara and I, however, probably wouldn’t get the same pizza that we both ordered.  It was Angelina’s Harvest Pie and while it pleased the palate in that it didn’t taste bad, there just wasn’t anything special about its flavor.  It was slightly sweet from the shallots, but I feel like I expected it to be garlicky so it was just missing something.  Sara suggested that maybe it needed salt so I gave that a try and it helped.  Even though the pizza wasn’t the most exciting thing I’ve ever eaten, I would definitely give the restaurant a second chance.  I know based on the samples of Chelle’s tomato basil soup and Vanessa’s sweet potato fries that the lack of flavor wasn’t an across-the-board thing.

But enough about the regular food, let’s talk treats!  Kim requested something peanut butter and chocolate.  I came across these whoopie pies and figured they had her name written all over them.

Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard Whoopie Pies

{Photo courtesy of Shelly}

These were pretty good but would’ve been better with more filling.  Our waiter, however, liked them just the way they were.  I let him choose one of the treats and he went with the whoopie pie.  He took it to the back to eat it and was back a few minutes later saying he had two questions:

“Who made those and is she single?”

Unfortunately for him, the answer to his second question was no.

The bonus treat was also from Cookies & Cups: White Chocolate Lemon Blondies.  Honestly, it seemed like everyone liked these the best – I know I preferred them.  Vanessa wasn’t so sure of anything that could be called curd, but these bars convinced her to not be afraid of the curd.

White Chocolate Lemon Blondies | www.cookiesandcups.com | #blondies #whitechocolate #lemon

{Photo courtesy of Shelly}

Our waiter was kind enough to snap a group picture of us just before we left.

Dinner pic{Photo courtesy of Bob the waiter and Kim’s iPhone}

{Whoopie Pies}

{Lemon Bars}

1 comment:

Sara said...

You were at the other end of the table, but I decided to order a side of ranch with my potato pizza to snazz it up. Winner winner!