Monday, October 28, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Cookies and Cream Brownies

Looks like we have some fabulous fall weather on tap for this final week of October.  The kids should have a great night for trick or treating, too.

image

Speaking of trick or treating, the McHusband and I went to a Halloween party in the ‘hood on Saturday.  Of course I had to use it as an opportunity to try a new recipe.

DSC_7758

I saw these brownies on a blog last week and knew they’d be perfect for the party.  For one, I had Cookies n Cream Hershey Kisses left from the gender reveal party.  Second, who doesn’t like Oreos? 

DSC_7765

And third, I’d already thought of a cute and thematically appropriate name for them.

DSC_7760

I didn’t cheat and use boxed brownie mix.  I made them from scratch using the blogger’s recipe, which calls for both unsweetened cocoa and a small jar of hot fudge sauce.  I’m so glad the blogger and I both like our brownies fudgy.

DSC_7762

I love that there’s almost as much frosting as there is brownie.  The McHusband preferred less brownie, which I inferred from the little bits of frosting-less brownie he left behind for me to clean up.

DSC_7755

I used Halloween Oreos, and I wish the orange filling would’ve come through a little stronger, but I wouldn’t have mattered much at the party since the house was lit mainly by candlelight.

DSC_7761

I love sweets and can handle a lot of sugar so believe me when I tell you that these are rich with a capital R.  You don’t need a huge brownie to satisfy your sweet tooth.  They are also very good cold, which is how the McHusband preferred to eat them.

DSC_7754

Hope your week is off to a good start!

{Recipe here}

No comments: