Monday, October 14, 2013

{Recipe Recap} Guinness Brownies with Butterscotch Fudge Frosting

Happy Monday!  Hope you all had good weekends.  Mine was downright dull compared to last weekend, but that’s not a complaint.  While I thoroughly enjoyed having my family stay with me and of course I always love hosting a party, I also like and need my downtime.

The McHusband and I went to a neighbor’s beer tasting party on Saturday.  The “rules” were we had to bring a six-pack of international beer so I picked up some Smithwick’s as the McHusband’s contribution.  Mine was a plate of brownies made with beer.

DSC_7536

I’d gotten the McHusband a single bottle of a milk stout for him to try.  Luckily, he didn’t like it, but I knew it’d be perfect in my brownies.

DSC_7539

These brownies had an interesting texture. They were light AND dense, fudgy AND cakey.  I really can’t accurately describe them so I guess you’re just going to have to bake a batch and find out for yourself what I mean.

DSC_7541

The frosting wasn’t overly sweet, but if offered some sugary relief from the rich dark chocolate of the brownies.

DSC_7540

It was slightly complicated in that I had to make a butterscotch sauce that I then added to my frosting base, but neither part of the recipe was difficult.

DSC_7537

I’m sending the leftovers in with the McHusband to share with his office, which is full of chocoholics so I don’t doubt these will disappear quickly.

DSC_7540

{Recipe adapted from here}

No comments: