Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pumpkins and spiders and bats, oh my!

I pulled more than haunted houses out of my holiday closet this weekend.  My seasonal stores include wooden pumpkins, metal pumpkins, and even a ceramic one that’s a tart burner.  I also have items of the arachnid persuasion and a more friendly jack o’lantern lantern.  I just had to come up with a way to get all those things to play nicely together.

DSC_7547

I made the spider plate a couple years ago.  I glued pipe cleaners to a black bowl then glued a black plate on top of that.  A couple of googly eyes and voila – a spider!

DSC_7549

The “baby spiders” are cupcake holders.

DSC_7551

On the left, the pumpkin candle holder and cupcake holder, I mean spider, are the only nods toward Halloween and fall.

DSC_7548

On the right, I’ve also got a wooden pumpkin, an owl, and one of the ultimate seasonal treats, Pumpkin Spice Kisses.

DSC_7550

My table runner is another one of those post-Halloween special deals and I was glad to finally be able to put it out.

DSC_7558

DSC_7563

The black trivet that the lantern’s sitting on isn’t part of the décor necessarily, it’s there to keep us from going crazy from hearing the lantern rock on the cake plate.

DSC_7556

DSC_7557

And of course I have to show you my advisors, those who helped me decide which pumpkin went where.

DSC_7564

“We told her the vase should be filled with dog biscuits.”

DSC_7565

Thanks for the input, guys, but I’m going to stick with the candy for now.

No comments: