Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, McMom!

We daughters-in-law, along with the McHusband, Kevin, and the McDad - connived to put together a surprise dinner with the McMom's friends this past Saturday night in honor of her 60th birthday. Cantina 1511 on Rea Road hosted our event and they did a great job.

I don't have access to all the pictures right now, but I didn't want to wait any longer to post about the dinner.

Here's a pretty good shot of our table.














My mom suggested sparkler candles in the shapes of numbers (a 6 and a 0) for the McMom's cake. I thought it was a great idea because I didn't figure she wanted 60 candles on the cake, and sparklers are fun, right?

Here's the cake coming out. Looks like fun, yes?














The McMom: "Um, McHusband, don't tell her right now because I appreciate the effort, but I actually don't like sparklers so no more sparkler candles in the future, okay?"














"Oh man, I really hate this. But they're throwing me a party so I guess I need to act excited. So, um, yay! Now someone please put the fire out. And get me another margarita."














Sorry, McMom!

I think we redeemed ourselves with our gift. We kids snuck out at the same time the day after Christmas and had our wedding photographer take our picture at the Ballantyne Resort.














I'll put the individual pictures in another post.

Of course, I can't end this post without a picture of Chase, who was a great guest at the dinner. He got hot so Kevin and Jenny took his pants off (the only stripping of the evening), and once he cooled off, he was happy to inspect his other grandma's jacket. Something about those stripes grabbed his attention and he grabbed right back.













All in all, it was a very fun day and night, and we were really excited to be able to pull off the surprise.

No comments: