Monday, June 18, 2012

Busy busy busy

It’s 9:50 on Sunday night and I’m very much looking forward to going to bed at a decent hour tonight.  “Decent” for us would mean done reading and lights out by 10:45.

So let’s see, what did I do this weekend…  I went for a six-mile run on the greenway between the Museum of Art and Meredith College immediately after work.  When I got home, the McHusband was headed out the door to play poker so I kissed him goodbye and got started on my baking.  See, I’d been recruited to make cupcakes for Lyla and Maxie’s birthday fiesta on Saturday.  So I made and frosted approximately 4 dozen regular-sized cupcakes and about 3 dozen minis.

DSC_0723

I also made some no-bake bars that I didn’t immediately love, but which grew on me.  The McHusband didn’t need any time to decide whether he liked them or not; he thought they were fantastic.

I left for Charlotte at 9:00 Saturday morning, got to Bri’s just before noon, and spent a wonderful celebrating Lyla and Maxie’s birthdays.

DSC_0893

I left Charlotte just after 8:00 and got home just shy of 11:00.  Long day, but totally worth it.

The reason I went to Charlotte and back in one day is because I had too much honey-do stuff to take care of around the house.  And in this case, the “honey” was me.

Vacuum, sweep, dust, launder, cook: check, check, check, check, and check!  Hopefully I’ll break out the mop next weekend, but I feel so much better now that the furballs aren’t tumbleweeding across my kitchen floor.  And I need to give a shout-out to the McHusband whose inner Peter Walsh came roaring to the surface this weekend.  Our Tupperware tops have never been so easy to find.

Lots of catching up to do this week so I’ll do my best to stay on top of things.  Maybe I’ll even get through the remaining three days in MI.  You know, the trip we took three weeks ago…

Hope you guys had a great weekend and that your Mondays are off to an okay start!

No comments: