Thursday, June 7, 2012

“I’m runnin’ in the rain, just runnin’ in the rain…”

Did you know that yesterday, June 6th, was National Running Day?  Me neither, not until late in the day anyway.  But it turns out I celebrated it unknowingly with a run IN THE RAIN starting at 5:20 IN THE MORNING.

I didn’t realize it was raining when I first got up or else I might’ve gotten back in bed.  But since I was ready and there was no way I was falling back to sleep, I decided to brave the cool morning and RAIN and head on out.  I half-hoped that the rain would stop during my run but no such luck; in fact, I think it actually came down a little harder about halfway through.  Thanks, Mother Nature, ‘preciate that.

I didn’t enjoy running in the rain, but I was very happy to have done it come 6:00 when I got into a warm shower.  I’m not sure the calories I burned went very far toward the ones I ate at dinner, not to mention the ones I inhaled with dessert, but it was better than not doing anything at all.

Oh, and in case any of you were wondering, Vickie honored our oh-so-sacred cyber-pinkie-swear and got up to run in the rain, too.  I’m not sure she’s any closer than I am to making these pre-dawn jogs a regular thing, but maybe it’s not as awful an idea as we thought before.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am so proud of you, even in the rain!!!