Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The after-party

The McHusband and I joined Rick and Sabrina, the wedding party, and other family and friends after the rehearsal dinner at Bistro 1896. I think I'll just let some pictures do the talking.


For those of you who don't recognize this guy, that's Mark Morrow.


The bride and me.






"Hey, Al!" (That's Rick's dad.) "Thanks for letting us come to the after-party and mooch free drinks off of you."


"What, it's closing time? No more free drinks?" I think the guy in blue is pointing to the exit.

Time to head to the bar down the street. Here're some photos I took along the way.




There, that's better.


We ended up at Decades and we were just about the only customers in the place. I was really surprised at how dead it was considering it was a Friday night in a college town.


Well, it was dead until we got there. We livened it up a bit.


There's the groom.


The bar was within walking distance of our hotel so we didn't have to worry about catching a cab or one of us needing to be able to drive home. Thank goodness because when I looked at the camera the next morning and saw the next two photos, I didn't even remember posing for them. (Don't worry, 'rents, these are safe for your eyes.)




Up next: The Blue Ridge Parkway.

No comments: