Monday, October 26, 2009

Best McHusband Ever

I've gotta give the McHusband a shout out.

For starters, he brought me not one but TWO flower arrangements for our anniversary:











Then he spent tons of quality time with my dad, sister, and nephew while they visited.

He and my dad worked on the windowpane molding under the chair rail in the dining room most of the day on Saturday.













Uh oh, here come the supervisors...













They got about halfway around the room and it's an improvement already. Ultimately, I'm going to paint under the chair rail white and above it will be one of those dark gray paint samples.













That night, we had steaks, corn casserole (the one Chelle and I made), grilled onions, and sweet potatoes for dinner.

The McHusband cut the onion and grilled the steaks. As you can see, he was closely supervised in each instance.











My dad made a delicious sauce out of shallots, mushrooms, beef consomme, soy sauce, a little cornstarch, and minced garlic. There was supposed to be red wine in it, too, but since we aren't red wine drinkers and the one bottle I did have had been open since Women's Night...













{Jeremy, we even saved you some. Sorry, no leftover steak though.}

Time to dig in!



























The McHusband even found time to be a great uncle in between his chopping and grilling. **Warning: Heart-melting photos ahead.**




























Thank you, McHusband, for everything. I can't adequately tell you or anyone else how much I appreciate you. Hopefully me shouting it from the cyber rooftops will suffice.

Now put the ice cream away and get crackin' on the rest of that molding.

2 comments:

McMom said...

Well, he IS pretty special as McHusband's go I am SURE!! I think he is lookin' pretty buff too!! Picture frame molding looks great!! McMom

Gma said...

Two words: SPOILED BRAT.

Yup, I'd say you were one lucky McWife!