Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Quiz

If it hurts when you pee, you:

A. probably have a UTI.
B. are recovering from an episiotomy.
C. attended boot camp last night and went up and down a steep hill a million times with 500,000 of those treks being done BACKWARDS on the way up then ran sprints and finished the hour with 8 sets of walking lunges across the parking lot and 50 mountain climbers and knee sweeps.
D. Any or all of the above.

I'm pretty sure I don't have a UTI and let's hope I didn't just have an episiotomy beccause that would come with a whole 'nother set of pains.

Boot camp - or booty camp as the McHusband calls it - was tough last night. We used a relatively short but very steep hill to do drills like running down then staying on our toes to run/shuffle our way up backwards. Did you know you have "backwards muscles" that don't get used all day long? I know I have them because I worked them last night, and I'm paying for it today.

We also ran down and back up facing forward, did walking lunges and bear crawls up, and finished strong with another set of going up backwards. I gotta say, push-ups had never seemed so appealing as they did when we finished with that hill.

After the hill, we used a parking lot to run 21 sprints with two tuck-jumps after each "lap" and then walking lunges with three push-ups after each "lap."

Did I mention that I ran about 2 miles before boot camp even started?

We ended with 50 mountain climbers and 50 knee sweeps.

The muscles that hurt today are the ones that you use to lower yourself down and lift yourself out of your seat.

Thus, it hurts when I pee.

1 comment:

Gma said...

OMGosh -- I'm so glad it you and not me! Been there, done that... who'd ever thunk it could hurt so bad trying to get your hiney down and then up off that commode!