Monday, October 26, 2009

Another episode...

...of Wild America.

The craziest mushroom is growing at the edge of the driveway.













And the lizards are taking over.













Two of them camped out on my spider overnight. I couldn't believe they were still there in the morning.













How is my plastic crow going to have an impact on the trick-or-treaters when it can't even scare away a couple lizards?

I was outside on the front porch tonight playing with candles - a sort of dress rehearsal for Halloween - and I saw what I thought was the last three-quarters (actually, let's hope it was more like the last seven-eighths) of a snake. Of all the nights for the McHusband to work late...













If anyone needs me, I'll be out buying mothballs.

2 comments:

McMom said...

I am bettin' that was MAYBE the last 2/3 of that snake! Oh well, he looks harmless and the cats will get him if he gets into the house under that doorsill!

Gma said...

Maybe he was doing his dress rehearsal for Halloween night? You need to convince him to hang around and then climb up onto the spider to greet your trick-or-treaters!