Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Big trouble

We've been leaving Tucker out of his crate at night for around a couple of months now, and we've been leaving him out (but still confined to the bonus room) during the day for about a month. He's done really well and we thought it was time to find somewhere the store the crate. In fact, when we brought it back from Leigh and Mickey's, where the dogs stayed this past weekend, we just left it in the garage.

It's not in the garage anymore.

When I got home from work yesterday in a rush to take care of the dogs and change and get to boot camp by 6:00, I was greeted by this:

Tucker had gotten one of the decorative pillows (See the stripes?) off the couch and done a number on it. I guess it was the next best thing to a vacuum attachment.

(Sorry for the quality of the pictures. I had to take these with my phone.)

I sent one of the pictures to the McHusband with "Your dog!" as the caption. He called me and explained that Tucker was just acting out because he missed him. (The McHusband's in Maryland for a work-related conference. He left Monday and won't be home until Friday.)

Yeah, I'm sure that's it.

I had Chelle come back to the house with me after boot camp to help me get the crate upstairs. That sucker's heavy and there's no way I'd be able to get it inside and up to the bonus room by myself.

I set the crate up, zip-tied it at a few crucial points, and I fully expect things to be just the way I left them when I get home this evening.

1 comment:

McMom said...

Good luck --- I guess if it hadn't been for Chelle..... Tuck might have spent the night and today in the garage ALONE in his crate! I will e mail the other thoughts going through my head! You probably know what I am thinking.....Love, McMom