Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Love and marriage

{How many of you now have the "Married...with Children" theme song in your head?}

Today is our four-year anniversary. Well, our four-year wedding anniversary. If we want to be technical about it, we're just about a week shy of our THIRTEEN-year anniversary of being together. Crazy, huh?

I thought I'd take you all on a little trip down memory lane.

We got married at The Magnolia Room in Rock Hill, SC. The huge built-in bar pretty much sold the space to the McHusband.












Here's how the room and tables looked on our wedding day.









Did you know that it takes a team to get a bride ready on her wedding day? And I'm not talking about the nail technician or the hair and make-up ladies (although I had those, too). Nope, I'm talking about the bridesmaids.



































Our entire bridal party in front of the ceremony area.













That's a good-lookin' bridal party, don't you think?























Me with my Matron and Maid of Honor. You may know them better as Bri and Shannon. Raise your hand if you think we look alike. Strangers tend to know we're sisters, but people who know us have a harder time seeing the similarities.











Our first dance to Tim McGraw's "It's Your Love."











The cake was a team effort. The McMom made all the cake layers then took them to Penny, a one-time pastry chef and instructor, who iced and decorated the cake. See all those calla lillies? Penny MADE them from clay and painted them. Talk about an amazing wedding gift.

















I knew we could count on Bri to get down on the dance floor, but it looks like my mom had a blast as well.











And we're off to the Ballentyne Resort (Thanks, McInlaws!) where the Rolling Stones were also staying for the night.











Happy Anniversary, McHusband! I love you!
{Once again, I apologize for strange formatting. If I could reach into my computer and strangle Blogger, I would.}

2 comments:

Gma said...

Beautiful weather, beautiful bride, handsome groom, beautiful venue and beatiful ceremony. Reception was pretty darned fun as well!

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Makes me cry!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

McMom said...

All in all pretty magical.... McMom